Serves 8-10 – 400mm Paella Pan
Bluenose (0.75kg) – also Hapuka
Calasparra Rice (0.5kg)
Squid Tubes (0.5kg)
20 Cooked Prawns
1 Tin of Canned Tomatoes
1 Red Pepper (Roasted and Sliced)
2 Large Onions
2 Tablespoons Garlic
0.15 Litre Olive Oil
Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
0.5 Tablespoon Salt
2 Litres of Water
- Fry Garlic and Onions in the Olive Oil and when cooked add the Shrimps and Squid
- Gently cook the Shrimps and Squid and then add the Salt/Pepper and Tomatoes
- Add the water and bring to the boil and cook for 5-10mins
- Reduce heat and add Saffron and Paprika and the rice.
- When the rice is 80% cooked, carefully place the fish (which has been cut into chunks) into the rice.
- When the rice is 90% cooked decorate with Mussels, Clams, Prawns and Roasted Peppers
- When these are steamed/cooked the Paella is ready to serve.
To be authentic, eat straight from the Paella Pan as any Paella Man would 🙂